The David Nicholls Memorial Prize for Postgraduate Students
The David Nicholls Memorial Prize is awarded every two years to the author of the best postgraduate paper delivered to the Society for Caribbean Studies annual conferences. It is open to all postgraduate researchers who present papers in any discipline or topic associated with the Caribbean. We are delighted that the prize is now generously sponsored by the David Nicholls Memorial Trust.
£200 in book tokens
Entry details for the 2020 David Nicholls Prize:
- Only papers presented by postgraduates at the 2019 and 2020 Society for Caribbean Studies Conferences will be eligible.
- Entrants must submit an electronic version of their conference paper before 1 October in the year the paper is presented.
- The paper should be properly referenced and not exceed 6,000 words, including references.
- Entries should have the same title as the paper delivered to the conference.
- Entrants may only submit one paper in any single year. However, presenters who give papers at the conference in two years (i.e. in 2019 and in 2020) may enter both of their papers for the prize.
- Papers may be redrafted after the conference before being entered for the prize.
- The judging panel will consist of members drawn from the Society’s Committee and will evaluate of the originality of the research and the standard of scholarship.
Papers may be submitted by email to:
Pat Noxolo – email@example.com
Please use the above contact details if you have any questions relating to the prize.